Sunday 20 October 2013

Green cardigan

In my last post I mentioned that I had finished my green cardigan. So, here are the pictures!

The pattern is Kitten, from Kim Hargreaves' book Smoulder.


The pattern gives two options for yarns, you can use Rowan Angora Haze or Pure Wool 4 ply. I love angora but the fact that it fluffs everywhere drives me a little crazy. My clothes always seem to be covered in fluff as it is (I don't know where it all comes from). So, I choose to use Pure Wool 4 ply for this project.


Generally I'm pretty happy with how it worked out. I made a longer version of the cardigan than was directed in the pattern. I knitted until the back and sides were 39cm in length rather than the 28cm specified in the pattern, as I wanted a full length rather than a cropped cardigan. As there is no side shaping in this pattern, it was easy enough to increase the length.


I'm quite happy with the way the body of the cardigan fits. It's a bit roomier than the yellow cardigan I knitted recently, but the pattern is made that way. The only thing I was slightly unhappy with in my finished garment was the sleeves - they are a little more loose than I would have liked. If I were to make this pattern again, I think I would probably go down a needle size to 3mm, just to make the cardigan a little bit more snugly fitting.


I think it looks pretty nice next to my yellow cardigan!


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. It's lovely - and my favourite colour! Well done x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love green too! You have made a very good job, wish I could knit like that x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous Jen, and the length looks good: I do love the colour! Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cardigan. I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is gorgeous! I think the wool is a better choice - I knitted a brown angora scarf and ended up packing it away - it really does leave a mess on your clothes (such a pity because nothing beats the feel and warmth of angora!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cardigan, it's really gorgeous.
    M x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments, so if you have a question to ask or just something to say, please leave me a message and I'll reply!