Tuesday 15 October 2013

A new post....

....it's been a while since I've made one!

I've honestly been meaning to stop back in here and say hello for about two weeks now, but just haven't quite made it. I'm in the process of re-working my routine, you see. I don't think I've mentioned this before, but I've just started a PhD (that's a doctoral research degree for those who may not know), which I'll be doing part-time alongside still working full-time. It's all been great so far, but it has meant a busy couple of weeks getting my head around the new demands on my time and how to fit them in.

Crafting is still going to be a big part of my life, as will this blog I hope!

By the way, a big welcome to the new readers and followers who I can see have popped up here since my last post!

So, what have I been up to the last couple of weeks?

Well, I promised to show you the results of my chair painting for my new flat (which I'm still waiting to move into - sigh), so here it is!



It was hard to get good pictures of this. I know it looks very pale, but the colour is actually a pastel blue. I will share before and after shots soon, when I've been able to take pictures in better light! I'm pleased with the results though, I'm sitting on it as I type!



I've also just been out and about enjoying the season as much as possible - I do love autumn! I think the best of the colour is still yet to come here. I don't know if I'm right, but I think the unusually warm September may have made the trees hang on to their leaves a little longer than usual, so they're still turning now.




Some gorgeous colours coming through now!


In crafting news, I have finished my lovely green cardigan, but I think I'll save that for next time!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Your cushion and throw on that beautiful pastel chair are enough to make me want to crochet and paint so I can have the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful autumnal colours in your leaves and berries, autumn must be my favourite seasons. Love your chair style and the cushions you have made.Good luck with your studies x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just recently discovered your blog, very inspirational. good luck with the degree. Isis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the white cushion Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone, especially for all your good wishes with my studies!

    Jen x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments, so if you have a question to ask or just something to say, please leave me a message and I'll reply!