I am happy! The sun is shining, its the weekend, it feels like spring is finally on the way, and I have finally finished my Cathedral Blanket!
Now, I'm afraid I am going to waffle on about this blanket for a while... thank you for bearing with me (if you do!).
This blanket has a lot of little squares.....342 squares in fact.
342 little crochet squares, each one is 3 rounds, make using double knit (or 8 ply) yarn on a 3.5mm hook.
In total I think it contains 29 different colours (not counting the black).
I used 1 ball of most of the colours - that was enough for the colours that have the longest diagonals.
Some of the colours in the corners I only used scraps of. This worked out well as I managed to arrange the colour sequence so that I used colours I loved but only had scraps of in the top right and bottom left corners.
I used 7 balls of black yarn for the seams and edging. I devised the edging pattern myself, so had a little trouble going around the corners with it (it didn't quite fit perfectly with the number of stitches, but never mind, I don't think you can tell now).
Yarns used were a bewildering array of different makes and fibres. In terms of different brands, the blanket is mainly Debbie Bliss Cashmerino and Rowan Pure Wool DK with a bit of Sublime Extra Fine Merino thrown in, and a few other things that I can't recall - as I said I have used scraps up where I could, and some of those scraps had long since parted company with their labels!
Fibres used included:
...And probably a few others!
You can probably tell, I am very pleased with this blanket. I just have to look at it and I think "happy, happy, happy!"
Hope you're all having a blissful Sunday too!