Morning (well afternoon now!) and Happy Mothers Day everyone! I am very excited to be able to share with your some snaps of my cathedral blanket!
I have been working away on this for almost 2 weeks now, managing to do at least a couple of squares every night. For days now I have had stacks and stacks of little squares. I haven't been able to start joing them, up which has been a little frustrating, but also sort of exciting too - the anticipation! Because I'm working with scraps and doing diagonal rows, I didn't want to start joing the squares yet, as I don't know how many squares I will have for each colour and therefore what the colour sequence will be for each row going straight across.
I found some scraps of one mid-blue yarn - a Rowan Cashsoft DK, and was able to make 4 squares using that. I knew I had another ball of that somewhere, but thought I may have left it at my boyfriend's place (isn't he nice to put up with my leaving yarn lying around at his flat for weeks on end!). Anyway, this morning I had a burst of inspiration as to where the stray ball might be, rooted through my cupboard in my yarn storage box and lo and behold, there it was, along with some other scraps that will also do nicely for the blanket!
So I should be able to finish making squares and start joining this week! So excited! Here is the planned arrangement - it may come out a little bugger in the end - I figure I may as well use as many scraps as fit in!