Monday 21 July 2014

Post holiday blues...

Oh dear. I seem to be suffering from attack of the post holiday blues! Do you ever suffer from this? I've actually set one of the pictures of the beach that I took last week as the screen saver on my mobile. I think that's probably just making it worse though - being reminded every time I look at my phone that I wish I was back there!



I don't even feel much like crafting at the moment...so it must be bad. I tried yesterday to console myself with a little crochet, but I couldn't get into it.


My other escape activity is usually reading. This seems to be working better than crochet at the moment.


 What do you do to shake off the blues? I'm wondering what the remedy could be for me. Start planning the next holiday perhaps? This was my suggestion to S today - I know he's suffering with post holiday blues too.

Real life never matches up to a holiday though, does it? After all, if real life were like a holiday, then holidays wouldn't be holidays, and that magic would be lost.


Listen to me, complaining because my holiday is over. I always try to count my blessings when I'm feeling down, so I keep reminding myself that I'm lucky to have the life I've come back to, and I was lucky to be able to take a holiday at all. Not everyone can, and to some it must be an unimaginable luxury.

Still....the silvery light on the beach echoes in my memory, calling to me...I'm sure it must be in my dreams. It seems like a dream now, to be standing on the sand listening to the waves beating and feeling so peaceful.

 
The sea seems to have that effect on me...it makes me pause in the moment. Suddenly the whole world seems to shrink and retract or fall away. Maybe time stops or perhaps the minute just stretches out...whatever the reason it somehow seems to make everything else unimportant. There's no stress or worry, just calm and serenity.


 Oh well...for now I will have to be content with my souvenirs, photos and memories...

xxxxxxxxxxxx


Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I hope you soon settle down again, Jen, it is awfully difficult coming back to real life after being in holiday mode but as you say, you were fortunate to be able to get away and have such lovely times. Now in a perfect world ……. I'll leave the rest to your imagination …….
    Keep smiling m'dear, and I wish for happy surprises for you this week, xoJoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, exactly the same way I feel at the moment!!! Good to hear that I am not the only one, suffering from the post holiday blues :-)) Mine starts to get better a little bit...

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments, so if you have a question to ask or just something to say, please leave me a message and I'll reply!