Tuesday 12 May 2015

Zesty

I think I might be on a roll. Maybe I shouldn't speak to soon though. I'm working on another project, and I have a feeling I might finish it.


It's only a little cushion cover, nothing major. It has a slightly different palette than I would normally go for. It's kind of...zesty. I don't know why, I just wanted watermelon and primrose shades, together with a sort of greeny gold... some brown and cream to balance it out. I think I like it though.


The idea for this came from one of my favourite blogs, which I first discovered through Pinterest - IDA Interior Lifestyle. I love the things she makes - they are always simple, but so beautiful. Showing that you don't need to do anything complicated to create something effective. I think the colour palettes she uses are one of the things I like the most. I love the way she pairs bright colours with neutrals, and that the bright colours are always selectively chosen, and not just the whole rainbow thrown in (not that there's anything wrong with throwing in the whole rainbow - I've done it myself!).


It was the cushions shown in this post that really inspired me: http://www.idainteriorlifestyle.com/2013/04/thursday-pics.html. I have it pinned on my Pinterest board and whenever I see it, it lifts me. So simple, but so effective. I also love the colour blocking throw seen on the foot of the bed. Hmmm, maybe one will have to made at some point.


8 comments:

  1. I loved the blanket in your last post and this is just as gorgeous, you really are on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing colour combination, just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Great color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don’t know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful, those 'zesty' colours!
    I'm going to have a look on 'IDA interior lifestyle' too if it's so great, thanks for the tip :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. For this web site, you will see our account, remember to go through this info. florarie huedin

    ReplyDelete
  7. For this web site, you will see our account, remember to go through this info. livrare flori cluj

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments, so if you have a question to ask or just something to say, please leave me a message and I'll reply!