Tuesday 24 December 2013

Mammoth crafty update part I

Hello everyone! This is the first time for about a month that I have had access to a proper pc and working internet connection on which to blog, or do anything web related. Regular readers might remember that I was about to move house at the end of November. The move went smoothly, but sadly setting up an internet connection is taking a ridiculously long time, so I'm taking advantage of being back at my family home for Christmas, where there is a working internet connection!

I promised a mammoth crafty update, but I think there is too much for one post, so I think I will split it into parts - it may take me a while to catch up with myself. To be honest December has just been completely knackering in a lot of ways, so I haven't done as much crafting as I normally would, due to my routine being knocked sideways by the move. Still, the enforced blog-absence this month has meant that I have a lot to share!

So, to begin! Firstly there is the granny stripe throw.



I spent the last couple of weeks frantically trying to finish this so that it could be a Christmas present. I actually started this project in July - right around the time that I found my flat - so it seems appropriate that it should be the first project I finished after moving in!

This project owes a lot to other bloggers actually - I'm sure you will recognise the original idea as being from Lucy at Attic 24, and you may also recognise the colour scheme as being heavily inspired by Annie's Place.

I'm very pleased to have finished this in time, and I hope it will be a thing of beauty to the recipients tomorrow!






Sorry about the bad light in these pictures - it dark and rainy all day yesterday, and who knows when daylight will return! At this time of year in England, it can feel like the sun is never coming back!

Ok, I think that will have to be all for this crafty update, as it's getting ridiculously late on Christmas Eve to be up blogging! Hope you all have a happy, cosy Christmas with your loved ones. I hope to be back for the next update on Boxing Day!

Merry Christmas! 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. Wow what a gorgous blanket - I love your choice of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the love and time of making this throw is well displayed in the beautiful colours...
    Happy holidays!
    Amira @ http://littlemushroomcap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this blanket! Such gorgeous colour! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Looks fantastic on the bed!
    Best wishes, Annasoer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see you! Merry Christmas - the throw is lovely!

    Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your granny stripe throw is stunning. Such a glorious colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for your lovely comments!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments, so if you have a question to ask or just something to say, please leave me a message and I'll reply!