Tuesday, 22 May 2012

Jasmine in pink

Finished this project on Sunday night, and I'm very pleased with it. Previously I made this using a 4 ply cotton, and found that it felt a little scratchy and tight fitting under the arms. I also wasn't keen on the button placket in the yoke. This is Jasmine, from the Kim Hargreaves book Nectar.

So I've reworked this in a 4ply wool cotton mix, which feels lovely and soft, but still light enough for cooler summer days.

I modified the pattern by:

Making it longer - I added an extra 24 rows after the moss stitch band at the bottom of both front and back.

Leaving out the button placket - Instead I made 2 identical pieces following the instruction for the back. When making the neckline, I sewed up only 3 of the raglan seems leaving the fourth open, and then worked the neckline instructions accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments, so if you have a question to ask or just something to say, please leave me a message and I'll reply!