Monday 18 January 2016

Splashes of colour

January is a grey month. More often than not, with the weather here, the only colours you see each day are varying shades of grey to black. Black at night, dark grey in the morning, slightly lighter gray around lunchtime then swiftly returning to dark grey again by the time you head home.



It can be pretty depressing. Sometimes I feel a bit like the world has ceased to exist, and that I'm just trudging along in a little bubble, surrounded by blackness. That's when I have really bad January blue. But I try not to let myself wallow in it too often. I expect everyone does this, but to avoid the January blues, I try and work some colour somewhere into the day. Whether it's something I'm wearing or something I have around the house. Flowers, obviously are a good bet for this time of year.


I thought I would share some of those splashes of colour.


Yup, hyacinths again, but I just love them, sorry.

I did manage to finish the finger breaking crochet top I was working on the other week. I'm pretty pleased with the result so far, although I haven't quite finished weaving in the ends, and it needs a press. I added fewer rows of motifs to the length of sleeves and body. 2 less rows to the sleeves and 1 less to the body. The sleeves are a perfect half length for me, but I'm undecided on the body - I may go back and add the final row after all. I'll show some pictures when I've finished weaving in and pressed it...and when we actually have some daylight here again!


In the meantime, I've been working on this, which I LOVE! I have made one of these before, and have meant for ages to go back and make a second in another colour combination. Only trouble is, now I have ideas for a third in my head! Argh! Well, I have a v. long list of projects waiting after this one, so I think number 3 will just have to wait a while. The link to the pattern is on my Ravelry page if you are interested.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely splashes of colour to cheer us up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely splashes of colour to cheer us up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely flowers... and a beautiful knitting project..Rose xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments, so if you have a question to ask or just something to say, please leave me a message and I'll reply!